We see fundraising as an essential part of the volunteer journey and although raising a programme fee may seem quite daunting, each year our volunteers successfully take up fundraising activities to help them reach their target.
Asking our volunteers to fundraise has a double impact: it doesn’t just mean that you’re raising much needed funds for ICYE to continue exchanging volunteers around the world; you are also raising awareness of our work, the country you’re going to be volunteering in and at the same time potentially inspiring more people to volunteer worldwide!
Don’t worry if you’ve never fundraised before, our Sending Programme Coordinator, Emma is here to support you every step of the way and we’re confident that with our guidance, your positivity and commitment, you’ll achieve your fundraising goal. Here’s how we can help:
- When a volunteer first signs up, we arrange a 1-2-1 fundraising meeting to help design an individual tailored fundraising plan.
- We set up a personalised fundraising webpage for all our volunteers.
- All volunteers receive a fundraising guide with lots of fundraising ideas, a guide of how to write a press release, a sponsorship form and links to fundraising websites for even more ideas!
- All volunteers receive letters of support and a list of Trusts and Foundations, which they can apply to for donations.
- Every year, we hold a fundraising day with a professional fundraiser to make sure that volunteers are given as much advice and as many tips as they need!
Our Bursary Scheme
From 2007 to 2015, ICYE UK allocated a total of £29,000 to 33 volunteers as part of our Bursary Scheme, demonstrating our commitment to investing in volunteering. Of these 33, 21 volunteered in Latin America, 9 volunteered in Africa and 3 in Asia. ICYE UK is currently looking for funding to help us to re-start our Bursary Scheme which we hope to be able to do in the near future.